Thursday, December 04, 2008

A Few Books I'm Looking Forward to Reading in the Next Few Months

As a follow up to my last post, I thought I just list a few books that I'm excited to read in the next few months.  Whether or not that will actually happen is another story since I'm always too ambitious in my reading plans.  Maybe God will be gracious and I'll have the time and discipline to finish them all...

1. We Become What We Worship: A Biblical Theology of Idolatry by G.K. Beale

2. The Resurrection of the Son of God by N.T. Wright

3. Death By Love: Letters from the Cross by Mark Driscoll and Gerry Breshears

4. Total Church: A Radical Reshaping Around Gospel and Community by Tim Chester and Steve Timmis

5. John Newton: From Disgrace to Amazing Grace by Jonathan Aitken

6. Communion with the Triune God by John Owen

7. Moby Dick by Herman Melville
  • I was encouraged recently that technical exegesis is not truly reading.  It is common for Biblical Scholars to get so caught up in the details of exegesis that they forget how to read literature AS literature.  

No comments: